Friday, August 9, 2013

Sierra Nevada Kellerweis Hefeweiszen

That was a wonderful remark, in the words of Van Morrison, and so is this beer. 

Beer Advocate reviewers love it like Elvis, so I'm not sure I should have reviewed it.  I liked yesterday's Wisconsinite marginally better, so I'm at odds with Beeradvocate.com reviews on that one.  But we do agree on this-- this is a great Hefeweizen. 

How great?

My guess is that this beer makes VPs and the salesmen who are pushing out AB ImBev's Leffe sweating if not shadding in their shorts as we speak. 

I'd give it Avogadro's number out of 5.

It's made by open fermentation, with enough wheat to make the head last a long long time, and ending up with a massive banana smells and flavors, that include citrus notes on the after taste, so if you're not a clove person, and you're someplace far from Jamaica, where these flavors are as common as sun stroke, you may want to get you some.  

This is just the the beer to take you there, without any of the taste of those clove cigarettes your girlfriend used to smoke and fumigate the room with back in the 80s. Smooth, thin mouth feel, light for a #craftbeer, at ABV of 4.8%, I'm thinking it would wash down a lot of sweet BBQ'd meats well, given that citrus profile.  

No, with this Kellerweis, the after taste is like a mouth full of those fresh limes all those Corona drinkers insist upon to fight off scurvy and maybe some other STDs on college campuses.  

It's outstanding. Get you some, somewhere. 

I Beercasted 3 times and kept losing the file on the upload, but finally, it made it, so I think there are two different beercasts of this outstanding Hefeweizen on my Ustream page.


No comments:

Post a Comment