Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Polish Moon Stout at MKEBrewing.com, in Milwaukee's 3rd District

Polish Moon Stout is outstanding by every measure, from it's mild toasty aroma to its chocolate coffee taste, this stuff is nobody's Irish knockoff.  The ABV is a bit high at 4.8%, but nobody seems to be counting at the MKE Ale House, where it's the lowest gravity beer on the menu.  

Sure, I looked for a Wheat beer, it being not winter and all, but I guess you just can't get there from here. These folks at MKEBrewing.com know what the hell they are doing, even if you don't. 

Far and away (not the movie, that's about a stout from somewhere else), but far and away one of the best Stout pours I've had.  It was so good that the next two samples I tried had me wishing I doubled down on the brown water.  

The tap handles are a little #meh and unimpressive from where I sit, but not awful.  I mean, these people make Harley Davidsons-- I'm sure they could have fabricated something a little more extraordinary than chain linked tap handles..  like maybe Harley style handle bars for tap handles.  Anyway, I didn't sit at the bar to bust balls on some blog nobody reads. 
 

Does MKE know beer?  If there is any doubt, Milla Coorz gag order agreements not withstanding, don't asked the locals a bunch of dumb questions-- just check out MKEBrewing.com and find you a sample somewhere, because it's some of the tastiest beer that your face will ever meet.  Look at the FRIGGIN head-- it's like a time machine that makes you want to order a 5 cent cigar from the bar keeper.  I don't think I ever seen froth on a beer like it. 


And, as I said, the flavor was right there, fantastic, a true marvel.   Don't get me wrong, the Milla is great, if you like the sweet thin, anemic, low calorie taste of a mildly hopped fermented corn machine and all that peeing... I mean, a lot a lot. 



And sometimes I do like to pee a lot, but where flavor is concerned, those big giant multinational production brewers, running on funny money finance are just not putting out the flavorz when you sit it up next to a monster taste like this MKE stout.

MKE Brewing is tearing up downtown MKE and you can see from the crowds that come to wash down these outstanding burgers with their suds.  This is the "Naked Burger", with a blue cheese salad instead of fried things.  It was grand and glorious.   You just can't get that kind of blood soaked vitamin B12 from a garden-burger.

Nobody is saying to skip your trip to Dublin, but, as I said-- get to MKE Brewing for this stout.  I'll not tell yee again... (sorry Lads).
  

No comments:

Post a Comment