Monday, March 1, 2021

Royal Palm Brewing, Wellington FL

 

Royal Palm Brewing in Wellington is a interesting little nondescript shopping center operation, tucked away next to a resort community, offering strange flavors on what looks like chainsaw furniture.  So the surroundings are casual and fun, and as I'd come to find out, the beers are a bit strange and tropical themed, using native fruits and grains-- from Mexican corn (Millera time), Mango, to Key Lime, to... um.... Gatorade, made from their local, fresh, organic available... Gator-fruit? 

Let's be clear-- this is not Cigar City, and prolly isn't trying to be.  It's Wellington-- Horse themes and Winter Polo are more fitting anyway, not that they draw from the terroir too much anyhow. 

Nevertheless, that IPA was a nice brisk combo of my favorite Hops, that is, basically too much hops, less boiled and bitter than fresh and lovely.  However, the malted leg of that three legged stool was a bit weak for the Jomammy mouth feel. I'd drink that on hot days-- it's light enough to keep you sober like a Pils, but hopped up enough to savor the mad pine flavaz.

I took a nip of everything here, from Peanut Butter porter to a Gartoraide Gose, which was way too far beyond the pale ale for me.  I had to send it back. It really did taste like Gartoraide, brand high carbo loaded sports drink. 

But what's right at Palm Beach is the Key Lime Gose-- absolutely on of the top 3 Gose I've ever had.  I can't say enough about it and should not have to because great is great, and you'll have to experience it yourself.  The lime after shock is everything Corona with a Lime wised it could be, 100s of years after "Limeys" (English Navy) used cheap available high vitamin C limes it to fight off scurvy on and off the high seas on their way to the plantations.  Basically-- it's how the lime got in your beer bottle when you got to college. I can not account for the way an Orange got into your glass of Blue Moon with an interesting historical tid bit-- that was just pure genius meeting pure marketing-- orange flavored soda on tap with guaranteed perception of freshness built right in, floating atop your pull, whether that Bar back sliced Orange was free of all the nitemare sprays and GMO design or safe, Organic, grown in Roundup free to chew zones.  I have not dug too deep to consider if Blue Moon is made with Organic grains, so don't quote me when I say, it strikes me as soda beer, where Palm Beach's Sour Key Lime Gose does not.  They even have a canning machine-- 32oz for $10 clams, as you watch the bartender do it by hand, one at a time.

So basically, if you're within 30 miles of Palm Beach Brewery, it's better to drive over than to just sit in some pub drinking bottles of Diego or BudMillerMolson on soda jerk taps.   It's an comfortable place to get out of the midday sun, with an interesting fun array of attempted innovations, that you can't fault for their trying.  I suggest a 3oz glass before ordering up some of these new flavors. 

The brew tanks that I peeped on the way back to the WC looked clean, neat and orderly, which is a thing in and of itself. 

I can't vouch for the food as I had none.  I think they had burgers and salads, but the Website will correct if I'm wrong: 
https://www.royalpalmbrewing.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment