Saturday, December 22, 2012

Three Floyds Alpha King Pale Ale at Floyd's in Bucktown

Now, here's the hoppy, carmalized Pale ale I'd hope to get served, were I stationed in India around 1840, dealing with a lot of spicy food I'm unaccustomed to eating and building empire.  This beer literally burned my upper lip for holding it too long in my mouth while writing this.  

These Floyds are CRAZY!  

Very well done.  I can't kind of see why there's a cultish following in Chicago. 
Let's see:  aroma is not cheesey, but does have the lime citrus quality there's talk about.  Dark caramel color delivers as predicted, sweet, but full flavored, rich big boneded, pound cake flavor to keep the hopped up Alpha dog on his leash. 

This is an awesome beer, on spite of the hype, so listen to the label, which encourages you to give it a go, govena. 

No comments:

Post a Comment